Proudly sponsored by Local Rental Solutions; Engage Sport North has partnered with the Indigenous Sport, Physical Activity & Recreation Council (ISPARC) to provide a strength & conditioning program for indigenous athletes ages 11-19. Athletes who have demonstrated the drive, skill and determination in their chosen sport will be selected. The program focuses on improving performance and injury prevention, including:
- Testing to assess performance measures pre, mid and post program
- Resistance training with a focus on proper technique
- Agility training to increase the ability to explosively start, decelerate, change direction and accelerate again while maintaining control.
- Fundamental movement skills and motor pattern development
- Mobility work
Program Schedule Training Program will take 10 weeks
- Athlete must submit a letter of support from their coach or teacher
- Athlete must submit a completed application before the deadline below
- Upon completion of the training program, athletes will have an opportunity to partake in a recognition
reception hosted by the sponsors.
Download the application form here.
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
Application deadline: February 18th, 2022
Complete applications will be presented to a selection committee who will determine the recipients. Successful applicants will be notified by February 21, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in this program. We are looking forward to building an Indigenous Youth Performance Program for Northern BC athletes.