Applications are now being accepted for the 2023-24 School Year.
High school athletes typically struggle to manage the demands of being a teenager with the expectation of being a high-performance athlete. Long hours of training can lead to less time for homework, rest and recovery. Over time, this can cause a decline in health and performance, in the classroom and on the playing field.
The Canadian Sport School, designed by the Canadian Sport Institute in partnership with local school district (SD 57 in Prince George), ensures that athletes in Grades 10, 11 and 12 on the high-performance pathway have the time, support and resources to balance school and training.
A student-athlete on a high-performance pathway is one who is dedicated to their sport and who is committed to partaking in the daily demands and responsibilities of a high-performance athlete that involves the daily academic and training tasks that will lead to the achievement of long term growth within the student athlete’s academic and athletic experiences. Often this growth is in the physical, mental and emotional realm.
Applying student-athletes are those who are accomplished who may or may not be identified by their local or provincial sport organization. The student-athlete does not have to be an identified athlete via being on a provincial team or provincial targeted list.
If the student-athlete is on a high-performance pathway and wants to partake in the above demands and responsibilities of the elite standards of their sport(s) then all applications are welcome by students who will be in Grades 10, 11 or 12 in a SD57 high school.
The important deadlines and application requirements are found at the end of the application form. Please read the entire form.
For Prince George Campus:
Final Deadline: Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Each application package must contain the following items
- A completed Canadian Sport School Student Application Form – 2023-24, signed by the applying student and one parent/guardian.
- CSS-PG Applicant’s Student Evaluation Form. (To be completed by Teacher or Administrator from student’s home high school that knows the student well).
- A COPY of your most recent report card.
- Letter of Reference from your current coach (from your current sport & main sport if more than one). If applying student plays more than one sport then a letter of reference from the coach that coaches most hours per week will suffice.
- Sport Resume – including a summary of your sport history, results achieved and current status (point form or paragraph form is OK).
- A paragraph stating (a) why you want to attend Canadian Sport School – Prince George and (b) what makes you a good candidate for the school (only about 150 words).
- Total Sport School Fee is $1800.00*. With your application, please include an initial deposit cheque of $450 made out to Engage Sport North (Dated April 8, 2023) with 3 other post-dated cheques for $450.00 each dated for:
June 30, 2023,
September 1, 2023 and
October 1, 2023
- If you would like to pay in one installment, this can also be arranged
(Unsuccessful Applicants: All 4 post-dated cheques will also be returned to the applicant if the application is not successful.)
There is no partial refund or total refund available for successful applicants once the offer is accepted to be in Canadian Sport School – Prince George for the 2023 – 24 school year.
All applications must be handed in via hard copy with all forms completely filled out & signed and all other requested documents completed.
Completed applications can be handed in person to Engage Sport North or mailed to:
ENGAGE SPORT NORTH,
3333 UNIVERSITY WAY
PRINCE GEORGE, BC V2N 4Z9
After applications have been received, selected candidates will be notified of an interview time at their home school or online interview. All Sport School interviews will be with the applying student only and the Sport School staff. No parents/guardians are needed to attend the interview.
Successful candidates will be notified shortly after the conclusion of the interviews.
For more information please email: email@example.com